Friday, February 4, 2011

The best store bought GF bread

Of course there is nothing like a good ole homemade gluten-free loaf of bread, but who has time for that? The best bread that I have found so far is Udi's. It comes pre-sliced. It isn't too crumbly and has a great flavor. It is generally available in the frozen section at Publix, Whole Foods, Kroger, and Trader Joes. Udi's also sells bagels, pizza crusts, muffins, granola, and more. Honestly, I have only tried the bread and the granola!


* PS Jason's Deli offers Udi's bread!


Here is a photo so that you know what to look for! 

INGREDIENTS: FILTERED WATER, BROWN RICE FLOUR, TAPIOCA STARCH, POTATO STARCH, SUNFLOWER OIL, EGG WHITES, EVAPORATED CANE JUICE, TAPIOCA MALTODEXTRIN, TEFF FLOUR, TAPIOCA SYRUP OR BROWN RICE SYRUP, FLAX SEED MEAL, YEAST, XANTHAN GUM, SALT, BAKING POWDER (SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, SODIUM BICARBONATE, CORN STARCH, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), MOLD INHIBITOR (CULTURED CORN SYRUP, CITRIC ACID), MOLASSES (DRY MOLASSES AND MALTODEXTRIN), ENZYMES, ASCORBIC ACID (ASCORBIC ACID, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, CORN STARCH). CONTAINS: EGGS

1 comment:

  1. you're right, to prepare own bread it needs a lot of time, but the final product is incomparable

    when I have some sparetime i like to prepare my own bread, all the time I spend to make it worths it

    I'd be glad if you'll find the time to share recipes, I'll try to find some and share some too :)

    PS what about a bread machine? I use it often just for obtain the dough, then I shape it and I bake it into the oven. this way no more than 15 minutes of human work are required and you could prepare not only bread but also pizza, cakes etc

    ReplyDelete